Friday, July 27, 2012

Horns and Halos



Ever since my childhood I’ve been taught to be good to others to such an extent that as a child I always found ‘being good’ very glamorous and fascinating. They always said bad people have horns on their heads while the good ones have a halo over them - Bright and beautiful signifying knowledge and spirituality. Although I’ve always liked to feel a halo floating above me but holding it in place hasn’t been all that fun. Science declares halos as optical illusion.

There is something funny about a few people around me. They love being nasty, yet insist on sticking on a halo with their hair gel. The idea of being good to everyone all the time is not enthralling anymore. I haven’t been able to find a reason good enough why I should put up with nasty behavior. People are bitter to others. I’ve managed to pull through a handful of them. I don’t mean to blame them instead I’ve been trying to justify them. I’m a very reasonable person, you see. And in spite of finding it all a bother, I love halos.

I’m amazed by the audacity exhibited by the ‘halo sticking’ variety. They have their own projections they put on everything which might have little or nothing to do with reality. They decide who deserves how much. When they find things not going their way they do not hesitate to take the matter into their own hands. When they are bitter to me, they just mean to compensate for too much that I’ve been born with, obviously in their opinion alone - I still have about four volumes of busting books – Wishlist I to IV. They believe in equality. (Well, Their definition could be slightly different from the conventional one.)

6 comments:

  1. I guess you've put the dilemma in words in the best possible way!!! :P
    I always find 'Halos' to be real elusive..

    ReplyDelete
  2. If halo means being good and if 'Science declares halos as optical illusion' then is being good also an optical illusion ? Well...I suppose not always and not for all, isn't it ? And aren't there certain situations when one has to hold on to that halo even though we want to throw it away ? Does that also brands the individual as the ‘halo sticking’ variety ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Superbly said Chandni.. you are wise for your age. I must say that..

    ReplyDelete